Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Just when I was ready to start crying.....she came home

This is what she looks like when she starts Winter fur


I know that a lot of people might think this silly; but, I am so relieved right now and so thankful that even our prayers for our missing prodigal furry family members are answered.
I let our 12 year old black chow out yesterday around noon and still until 11PM tonight she was no where around. She loves to travel all over the property; but, she is always back around meal time; and has always come when she is called. I fed all the other dogs, Adam played ball with the shepherds, Kellie the rat terrier had to act jealous over it and give Adam a hard time when he was trying to console her, I changed the blankets while Adam hosed the poop and rearranged the igloos and heat lamps, I called for Coalette some more and finally stopped when I realized that I was becoming almost desperate ~~ my voice getting jerky while I fought back the tears that were starting to burn my eyes. Bless Adam's heart; he put the shepherd's up and drove the entire distance both ways to see if she had been hit and laying in a ditch some where. NO where!
He turned the mill light on and the security light that goes on if anything or anyone comes close to the mill. When he bounced to his feet at 11 PM tonight and said, "the light went on at the mill" ~~ I flew out that door and started calling her. In the shadow of the mill light I could see something and then pretty soon ~~ there she was standing right in front of me. I could have and probably should have scolded her; but, she just got a huge hug and kiss. Adam made her a big plate of left over biscuits and gravy.
All is well and snug at our home again tonight.
The dogs are all sleeping and Adam is snoring. I am on here blabbing; but, doing so with a happy heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment